All Squared Up Quilt Block
This quilt pattern has been revived and is proving to be very popular.
We'd like to share this simple block with you so you may create a gorgeous quilt this weekend too.
It is designed to use Fat Quarters. We used the Fat Quarter pack New Hope.
Finished block - 8"
Not sure how many Fat Quarters you'll need? This might help... It will also tell you how much binding you'll need to finish off your quilt.
FQ = Fat Quarter
All instructions include a 1/4” seam allowance.
Binding strips are cut at 2 1/2”.
- From each FQ cut four 9 1/2” squares.
- Use the diagram below for the next step to cut the 9 1/2” squares.
- Cut each piece in their numbered order. Cut each piece off in BOLD. Once you have them all cut, go back and trim pieces 1, 2 & 3 to the measurement underneath in italics.
- Change piece 5 so that it is different to the others and sew the pieces back together in reverse order. ..5-4-3-2-1 (pieces 1-4 should be the same fabric)
- Your unfinished block will now measure 8 1/2”
- Use the table above to work out how many blocks you need to make for the size quilt you’re after.
- Use the image right at the bottom to position your squares.
- Sew each row together.
- Sew the rows together to finish your quilt top.
- Layer, quilt and bind.